Maxed out on the fed funds and discount rate cuts - very bold. Hat and salt this way, please.

Still, can't get one line of the Shame and Scandal calypso out of my head: "your Daddy ain't your Daddy but your Daddy don't know" (c/f previous post).

Postscript: By popular demand, the Madness cover

Bookmark and Share

8 comments

1. Macro Man // 9/18/2007 10:09:00 PM

I would love, and I mean love, to get Ben and Easy Al into a karaoke bar and take a video of them duetting "We Didn't Start the Fire." The irony would be outstanding.

Incidentally, how in THE hell did you end up going to USC? Does this mean I am not the only European resident who owns a baseball cap with a giant COCKS emblazoned on it? While I didn't go to school in Columbia, I did spend my formative years in the Palmetto State...

2. RJH Adams // 9/18/2007 10:52:00 PM

You have got to be kidding me. An Irishman (or is it now Georgia given RWC result?) schooled in SC?

In my case it was by accident of birth in Barbados. The island has historical links to SC which educational exchange programmes (some time after the facts, admittedly) sought to build upon.

Hence my interest in tractor pulls, tobacco chewing and all things Gamecock the legal side of Michael Vick.

3. Macro Man // 9/18/2007 11:10:00 PM

I am the flip side, I suppose...a born Yank, product of the South Carolina public education system (motto: at least we're better than Mississippi!) who left the States midway through Clinton's first term.

The Irish association comes from a period of residence in Dublin, where both my kids were born and I used to occasionally train next to a few of the Ireland rugby team at the local chi-chi gym. The mother-in-law is also Irish, so I win Brownie points as well.

My only regret is that Ireland's dire performances have made it difficult indeed to take the piss out of the English and French guys I know..

4. RJH Adams // 9/19/2007 09:22:00 AM

Until Friday there is still time - at least they are unbeaten!

5. Charles Butler // 9/19/2007 08:27:00 PM

Unintentionally, almost all of my daily reads turn out to be by transatlantic exiles - nearly all in this direction, curiously.

So I'm really knocked out to see that MM is also.

(Great clip, BTW)

C

6. RJH Adams // 9/19/2007 08:41:00 PM

We get Cassy over here and it's a club. Or the start of a frightening advisory and investment service.

7. Macro Man // 9/21/2007 12:09:00 PM

Could it be something in the food served on transatlantic flights that promotes financial blogging?

8. Charles Butler // 9/21/2007 02:11:00 PM

MM,

Nothwithstanding that a well rounded diet and a spacious, restful environment are fundamental to this endeavour, my impression is that the dislocated subconsciously are always trying to figure out where they are, regardless of the task at hand. In the end, they become fairly adept at it. Or they don't, but not for lack of effort. Of course, we don't know what the food was like on the New York-Tenerife redeye in 1880.